MALTA INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL 2018
In April 2018 the European Foundation for Support of Culture (EUFSC) in collaboration with the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra will be presenting the Malta International Music Festival 2018, being held as part of Valletta 2018 – European Capital of Culture. Patrons will have the opportunity to attend a two weeks’ intense and varied programme of events, marking this festival as one of the most important classical music festival.
The Malta International Music Festival 2018 promotes classical music in various forms, from solo recitals, to chamber concerts and grand orchestral concerts featuring new talents, rising stars and very renowned and world acclaimed artists to a very broad audience, aiming at maintaining culture at the highest levels within our society.
The MIMF 2018 will take place between 15th April and 1st May 2018, featuring highly acclaimed world-famous musicians, including:
- Grigory Sokolov, pianist, referred to as a living Legend and one of the greatest concert pianists of our time;
- Maxim Vengerov, violinist, world’s finest living string player today, Grammy awarded;
- Lyubov Kazarnovskaya, a famous opera soprano, who featured in leading roles in the most famous opera houses around the world;
- Leonidas Kavakos, violinist / conductor, recognized across the world as a musician of rare quality and for virtuosity;
- David Carpenter, violist, the first Prize Winner of the 2006 Walter W. Naumburg Viola Competition;
- Narek Haknazaryan, violoncellist, winner of the First Prize and Gold Medal at the XIV International Tchaikovsky Competition;
- Ray Chen, violinist, is among the most compelling young violinists today;
- The Khachaturyan Trio, famous Armenian piano trio who performed in the greatest halls all over the world;
- Denis Kozhukhin, pianist, Winner of the First Prize in the 2010 Queen Elisabeth Competition;
The MIMF 2018 will also comprise concerts dedicated to the great Armenian composer A. Khachaturian, the outstanding Georgian composer Giya Kancheli and concerts featuring contemporary Maltese composers.
Moreover, the MIMF 2018 will also present the Malta International Piano Competition 2018 between 20th and 30th April for pianists under the age of 35 years. The 1st Prize winner will be awarded Eur 100,000, while the total prize fund is Eur 200,000. Famous professors and acclaimed musicians will be members of the jury of this very important piano competition, during which 70 participants from all over the world will be compete in three rounds. 11 competitions around the world were held to select the participants of this competition.
The concerts will be held in the best music halls in Malta such as Republic Hall of the Mediterranean Conference Centre in Valletta, Robert Samut Hall in Floriana and Montekristo Estates in Luqa. The Festival has become one of the most important cultural events in Malta and this year it is going to be covered by many famous international music publications. The MIMF 2018 will be broadcasting by the world’s leading music channel Medici TV and other broadcasting houses from Russia, Armenia, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom. Many foreign dignitaries and famous guests are expected to visit the MIMF 2018.
Join us and become part of this historical musical event – Malta International Music Festival 2018!